Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summer Fun






So, everyone asks me "Where are you going THIS summer?" Because after last summer's trip to Jakarta, Indonesia, well, how can I top that!? And I have to reply, well, no where, really. They look at me in disbelief. Kevin's cousin Tammy and I have the nick name"Grasshopper" and it has nothing to do with "Wax-on. Wax-off". We like to GO! We really don't care where we go just as long as our wheels are moving, we are happy. This summer is a little differentfor me than the others before. This summer, Kevin is gone eavery week, leaving me and his dad behind to "take care of things." the "things" that Kevin refers to is Hay. Acres and acres of hay. Delmus cuts the hay, I rake the hay, Delmus Bales the hay, and I bring the Hay bales to the barn. So far, we have about 100 round bales of hay. And we've only just begun... We still have lots of more acres and acres and acres to go. Did I mention that we need everyones workglove size for square baling??? And it is realy not so bad...I mean just today I got smacked in the face by not 1, not even 2, but by THREE tree branches as I raked the hay from beneath their limbs. Delmus and Kevin chopped up 3 Turkey nests (Kevin was none too happy about that!) Luckily, one of the nests with eggs had already hatched out. I got hay rash all over my arms and face, AND I have no time to laze around the swimming pool. So when you all get here and notice my nice tanned arms, don't get too jealous because it is a farmer's tan and stops at he neck line. Only 50 more acres to go and we are ready to start round 2!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Tell Delmus I am HURT that I've never been allowed to drive the tractors! I mean, they let you drive and not me? Nonsense! Better keep my mouth shut...I don't think I want to bail hay! And I'd like to add that moving square bails - SUCKS! It's horrible!

Shannon said...

I will think of you while I am laying on the beach this weekend at Tanjung Lesung, enjoying the tropical sun and drinking lemon ice tea and scarfing bakwan. Ahhh yes this is the life.