Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Farewell

Yesterday, I got out of bed, opened my blinds and stepped outside for a breath of fresh air and some sunshine. As I opened the door, I heard a faint "meow"from underneath my chair. Soon, I found a very tattered and beaten Cheetah. Once again, he had gotten into a fight with, well, not sure. I called Delmus and we cleaned his wounds the best we could and gave a hefty shot of antibiotics. We put Cheetah in the outside basement and got him some water. He was safe, cool, and at ease. All the cats knew something was going on because they all ceased their running about. Fluffy went to the basement door that was adjacent to Cheetah's room and just sat, watching the door. We went about our day. I returned home that evening and checked on Cheetah. I am glad that I could give him some home comforts. I believe he made it home because he knew I would care for him. We buried him in the garden next to Holly and Lady, Delmus' dogs. He will be missed but I chose to remember him as the "relaxin" cat above.

1 comment:

David said...

Teri, We are so sad for you. I think you are right about why he made it home. The boys will be sad for you also. They always talked about him as though they had known him for years. I will let the boys know so they will not be taken by surprise when we get there. All will be well.