Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Home Away From Home

I made it to Atlanta in no time at all. It was actually better that I was an hour late as they had to process Fluffy and Bing. Once I got there to the shipping warehouse, I presented my email and they said, "Ah, you're here for the kitties." I said yes I was. They asked if I had a broker to clear customs and I said well no I didn't. They said, yes we know that as they have not been cleared for release. So off to the customs office I went, documents in hand. I made it there in no time at all. The nice border control officer took my documents and asked, "How old are your cats?" I could have said something REALLY
smart but instead I said 5 and 10. He asked, "Years?" Again, i had to restrain myself. I said yes. He stamped my papers and cleared me to return to the pickup place. I got back and they said, "WHere's the man that went out before you? He was clearing a dog." I did not hold back and I said, "If it was a man, I am sure he is lost. They tend not to do directions very well." Everyone was rolling! Well, except the one officer at the very end who simply stood up and cleared his throat. We all looked at him and he said "OK. I'll give you girls that one." and he sat back down. The ladies finished my paper work, took $35.00 and showed me to the docking door. As I was leaving, in walked Mister and we all bursted out in laughter! I picked up the kittes and they were none too happy to see me! I placed the carriers in my car and let them out. Fluffy went straight to the back corner of the trunk and didn't budge the entire time! Bing on the other hand kept head butting everything in sight! He went to the bathroom and I crawled through the back seat and rubbed all over both kitties untill they were both purring very loudly. Then it was time to hit the road. Bing wandered back and forth every hour or two. He wanted to know where we were going and when were we going to get there!


We finally made it home and Bing was the first to go inside the house. I took him to the food bowl, water and then downstairs to the kitty litter box. I then went out and got Fluffy and went through the same routine with him. Then the fun began. Kitten does not care about having company. Bob on the other hand, is beside herself. She is keeping VERY close watch on the visitors! Fluffy and Bing made themselves right at home! They explored every room, every corner, and every counter top. Bing went into the master bath and the light was off but the bedroom light was on and he saw a shower ledge he could jump up onso he did. Little did he know that there was glass sitting on top of it so he hit his head bounced off and landed square in the middle of the bath tub! I was rolling! Fluffy, I do beleive, heard the call of the wild because he went straight to the window and watched. I think they all will be fast friends.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Aww..Bob is spastic. She'll get over it! Remember how she acted when we first brought her there? She hated Kitten so much!

Shannon said...

Remember that until we moved to Jakarta Fluffy would regularly escape and return bearing gifts of dead animals. He used to be quite the hunter.

Thank you so much for taking care of our kitties.