Saturday, January 10, 2009



Kevin was a very busy bee for my last week in Hawaii. He studded out the basement completely! He also got the fire place box and logs in as well as ran the copper line for the propane. Oh, did I mention he set the propane tank as well! When I got home, we picked up some Norwegian Pine for 65 cents a square foot and went to town. We have decided to have a nine foot ceiling in the first part of the basement and a 7 and a half foot ceiling on the other side. It will look so nice! We were given a log of Black Walnut. When we picked it up, I was thinking, yea, I know why you're getting rid of this! It was narly and ugly! THEN, we got it planed. OH MY OH MY! It is stunning! And it will be even better once I put a nice satin clear coat on it! We are hoping to get it done before Turkey Season (April 15th). Because if it isn't finished by then, it will be between Turkey Season and Deer Season that it gets done next Fall!! LOL












3 comments:

Danny said...

I was starting to wonder if you remembered that you had a blog! The basement looks great. Christopher asked me to take him hunting. I told him he needs to talk to Uncle Kevin about that.

Shannon said...

David wants a before picture of the gnarly walnut. I love black walnut. It is one of my favorite woods. Wait until it is finished. It really brings out the color!

Jenn said...

WOW. You DO remember how to blog! WOO HOO. Not that I have room to talk. Jorden is glad to have a man room to enjoy with his Gramps...since he likes carrying my bags around, Joey is glad as well. He'll turn out alright, I mean, doesn't Alonzo wear women's shoes?! HAH The boys in this family. SHEESH.