Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Where there is One...


Kevin and I were checking out the dozzer work that was being done on our roads, well, let me back track. The people that adjoin us have mule teams that they pull buggys with and they ride on our old logging roads. David and Shannon, its those narrow roads that you guys went 4-wheeling on that WERE narrow. Well, they asked Kevin if they could bring their dozzer in and make it wider. Kevin jumped on the idea and they brought their equipment in and now we have wide roads. It is very nice. Now when I ride behind Kevin, I do not get smacked with tree limbs! So we were on our way back driving down Tammy's road and there in front of us was a snake Kevin slammed on the breaks and turned around. COPPERHEAD! Gets his rifle off it'd mount and aims, fires, DEAD!! He got it. 3 and half feet long and as wide as a fifty cent piece. I got off the 4-wheeler to get a closer look and he informs me that COPPERHEADS travel in pairs. I run to the 4-wheeler and that is where I stayed. Kevin said if this snake bite any of the boys, they would have been VERY ill! If it bit one of my cats, they would have been DEAD! So I am glad he is dead and everyone is safe!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

SHEESH!! That thing is ridiculous! I'm happy it didn't bite us and seriously, how does Dad know so much?! Good shot, guess that's thanks to his training! Hah...glad all the military's money was so well put to use!

David said...

I am so bummed that Colin and I were not there to see it. But with Colin's luck the dead snake would have bitten him. So are you keeping the skin for colin?

David said...

you never did answer me about the skin of the snake.