Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Too Hot

Kevin got home last Friday and let me know that he had the next week off. Just in time, lots of work to be done. Our driveway keeps washing away, fence row needs to be mowed, bush hogging needs done, lawns need to be mowed, flower beds need to be up kept at Delmus's,and so on. So we work on Saturday, Sunday, and on Monday. Boy, it was HOT! Hottest day of the summer and we are clearing a flower garden and dripping with sweat! I thought Delmus was going to have a heart attack! SO, Kevin tells us we are going to California! To see the big trees! And he books us a flight and we are gone! SanFransisco!



Here is me, Delmus and Kevin riding the tram to the rental car. When we get there we head for the famous Fisherman's Wharf! And me, being the savvy traveler, check weather.com for the forcast and I am wearing a nice warm sweatshirt, while the boys are gravly underdressed. I am warm, they are freezing! After all, it is a a balmy 58 degrees. And WINDY! We find a nice place to eat, the Sea Lion Cafe. Why the name? Take a look! Sea Lions EVERYWHERE!











After dinner and some oogaling at the sea lions, (no barking at them or you'll get arrested!) we walked on downthe Pier 39. We saw a lot of neat things. A giant spider, some kissing sea lions and a flower crab!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Wow looks like you had a blast, I haven't wanted to go back to San Francisco every since Dave and I honeymooned there. It was SOOOO cold but we just piled on the sweaters and had fun anyway!