Monday, February 23, 2009

Back to Normal; Sort Of

Today was the 2nd Monday, in a row mind you , that we had school! Nice. I was rushing around this morning, gathering my "stuff" for school when I glanced out the window. Hummmm... What the goat! There licking the ice off my door handle of my car was a goat. Hummmm... I step outside and this goat comes running! Don't panic, I tell myself. I s l o w l y walk towards the goat, who is still running towards me. Don't panic again I tell myself. I begin to talk to the goat, pretty much the same way I talked to Jorden a few weeks ago. "Hi there, funny looking goat. Where did you come from?" Goat now nipping at my knees. "Come on sweetie; lets go home" Me walking down the driveway; goat not moving, watching me leave. Goat moving over to the nice tuft of grass, chomping. I swear he is looking at me sideways! Ok. Now what? I go back inside to get the stuff I was gathering. Come back out, the goat, yet again, begins a trot toward me. Hummm... So I get in my car to leave and as I am driving down my driveway, this goat is running alongside of my car. Really! So I slow down and roll down my window and coax him to keep on following me. As if he needed coaxing! I drove across the highway to Mary's house. She has a small petting zoo so I just assume he belongs to her! Get out, knock on her door, Goats looks around, Mary comes out and goat takes off. Mary says, nope not hers. I say, Well, I got to get to school! hehehe Goat is hers now!!!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Only in Kentucky can a goat just show up in your front yard. That's so very strange!!

Shannon said...

No, not only in Kentucky! Happens in Texas too. We had a billy goat show up one summer when I was about 12 or 13 and stay with the cows for several months then disappear again. Hadn't thought of him in ages but he used to chase me when ever I went to get Princess to milk her. I had to take a bucket of food with me everyday or he would knock me down.

Jennifer- No comments about milking cows or naming cows Princess! Thank you.

Jenn said...

Ahahaha!! Delmus used to have a cow that was sweet and would let you pet her and would come to say hi whenever you showed up on the 4 wheeler! I named her but I don't remember what. Didn't you notice the HOT PINK cow that used to sit on the windowsill in their kitchen? It was hin honor of her memory...no matter who much I BEGGED and PLEADED...off to market she went.

Danny said...

lawn mower with natural fertilizer, I Love this country. Then when fat....BBQ